There is, unfortunately no single solution, no magic silver bullet, to move us from the current chaos of personal relations, from mass murders at schools, work places, etc. and suicides, domestic violence, incest, and countless individual conflicts TO a peaceful world where most individuals pursue, passionately, their own personally meaningful Dreams, Satisfactions and Fulfillment while helping others to do the same, with balance and without unnecessary violence in any aspect of their lives.
Guide to these pages sorted by reader interest:
People differ widely in what they like and consider important. Theory and practice is a major divide for many. Some prefer personal self-help oriented techniques, other prefer to work on Projects with others. Respecting that, I've broken these pages into the following categories.
- Models - How things work. Little theory, few techniques, simply how do certain devices, and most especially people, work. What are their parts and how do those parts interact?
- Techniques - How do I do it, step by step?
- Projects - How can I join others and contribute my energy, time, experience etc. to them for the benefit of all of us?
- Theories - The backbone of techniques that work consistently.
- Misc. Articles - Everyone needs a category - Miscellaneous!
Pick and chose as you please...
- Person Model
The central model. I currently model human individuals as having 5 separate parts, or pieces, or components: Body, Emotions, Mind, Spirit and Relationships. All of these are both connected and separated by Boundaries, yet work together for shared personal and community goals.
- Boundaries Model Healthy boundaries, which neither Wall everything out; nor let everything in is perhaps the most frequent problem in our personal and interpersonal relationships.
- Learning Model If you didn't know a skill, say violence, when you were born, then you Learned it! Which also means you can Un-Learn it, and, later Re-Learn a better technique, such as negotiation.
Also covered is the difference between Natural Learning and Trauma Learning.
- Knowledge Model What exactly is 'knowledge'?
The current predominant paradigm declares there are 2 types - 'Objective' knowledge, which they claim can always be reproduced, measured, etc. and is handed down by 'authorities' for the rest of us to swallow hook, line, and sinker. They call the rest 'Subjective' knowledge, which includes all the observations of individuals, their feelings, values, preferences etc. These often self-appointed 'authorities' look down their noses at subjective knowledge, disparage it, ridicule it, and consider it irrelevant.
I propose a different paradigm.
'Personal' knowledge, which originates in the individual, is totally respected, since there is where all New knowledge comes from, usually as the result of a personal passionate interest. That new knowledge is then shared with one's friends, colleagues and community, making it 'Shared' knowledge.
See also: World views
When confronted, as we are every day, with a choice of A or B, this tool can help to resolve often contentious issues, and/or generate creative alternatives. It includes examples.
- Rest of ...
Many people, politicians, advertisers, teachers, spouses, friends and neighbors, are constantly trying to influence our thinking, and persuade us to buy their products, sign on to their causes, or simply agree with them. One of the most frequently used techniques is to start a statement, then stop part way through, and hope WE will finish their sentence the way they want us to... It's so subtle, they often get away with it. This tool works in 3 areas: Numbers, Words, and Ideas. The Number Technique is so simple, and yes, so fun, you can practice it while driving to work or watching those boring, annoying commercials!
Easy to learn, fun to apply.
This is a Model, a Theory, and a Technique; explore it as you have time. It's like a piano; you can learn it in an hour; yet not master it in a lifetime. Enjoy!
- ZBT - Zero Based Thinking
Similar to the Zero based budgeting of the 70's, this is a technique for freeing us from the trap of only adding or subtracting from existing thought and arguments. It enables us to re-start our thinking about a subject to zero. It also enables us to confront hidden assumptions, thus regaining control of discussions.
NISB - National Individual Safety Board. It's purpose is to Investigate & Prevent personal Violence, such as Suicide and mass murders. "The Violence Escalation Chain" - shows how we can intervene early to prevent violence. The NISB is modelled after the NTSB - (National Transportation & Safety Board) which truly sets the gold standard for investigating disasters for the purpose of preventing future ones.
ILP - Individual Learning Plan
How does an ILP differ from the traditional IEP?
The IEP is created to document What the educational establishment, wants in terms of an individual student's knowledge and/or behaviors. It not only documents What they want to student to know, but also metrics for measuring actual achievement.
The ILP is created to document What the learner wants to master in terms of knowledge, skills, and understandings, as expressed in measurable behaviors.
- World views
This is the most fundamental change of Individuology.
Rather than treating individuals as simply members of categories, it enables us to treat each individual as an individual.
World Views blog entry
- Causality Much of the humanities, Most of psychology, and even many parts of medicine, rely on statistics and correlation to arrive at answers. But statistics is about groups and averages, individuals require causal relationships. Who shows up on the doctors doorstep - is always an individual!
The Individual is statistically insignificant;
Statistics is individually insignificant!
- Dynamic Thresholds In our real, shared, experiential world, things, and qualities are usually present to varying degrees. Try to find pure gold, or silver, or oxygen, or copper, you can't, all things in our real, experiential world are 'imperfect' they exist only to a certain level... This paper explains why individuals differ so widely. AND Individuals differ significantly over time - they change!
It also addresses the age old battle between 'Absolutists' who see everything as Black or White, and 'Relativists' who see everything as simply shades of grey, usually denying any notion of a true Black or White. It proposes a path for them to unite, should they desire to do so!
The crucial question here is:
When does the difference make a difference?
- Meanings Words reflect but do not accurately capture meanings. Words can reveal or conceal meanings. KnCells are a technology to cut through the confusions in life whether they are accidental or deliberate. They can be used either to learn something accurately for yourself, or to cut through the deceptions of others, whether deliberate or not.
- Terminology - Words must become far, far more precise in the humanities, if we are to communicate with any meaning. Compared to the tolerance of an O-Ring on the space shuttle in thousands of an inch, what does 'depressed' mean to you?
Words are designed to convey meanings, but they are NOT the meanings!
Today's media, perhaps the worse offenders, make Words, more important than their Meanings. You said: blah, blah, blah..., what you meant doesn't count to them, only the words you used. But words can have many very different meanings depending on context. This has caused much conflict in the media, indeed conflict often deliberately instigated by the media, and unfortunately, made the sharing of knowledge between the different intellectual disciplines relating to human life extremely difficult.
- Past - 2005
PAS - PASF* Spring Conference April 1-3, 2005 Arlington, Virginia
*Personality Assessment System Foundation
PCP - ICPCP 2005 International Conference for Personal Construct Psychology
Jul. 15-24, 2005 Columbus, Ohio
- Present - No Workshops currently scheduled.
I look forward, with great enthusiasm, to the First Annual Individuology Conference.
It won't be the traditional collection of experts on a single topic, but just the opposite; people from as wide a range of human disciplines as possible (Physical, Emotional, Mental, Spiritual, and Relational) under the same roof. Brief introductory talks by each discipline, will be followed by extensive dialogue (that's right 2 way conversations) to encourage sharing for the benefit of all of us, a true interdisciplinary conference. Multi-disciplinary Case studies!
I've even picked out a conference center, here in New Hampshire, which would convey this philosophy at a concrete level. Each of the guest rooms has a unique 'theme'!
- Misc. Articles
More to come...
See also: Bob's Blog
Last Updated: Friday, Mar. 2, 2012 2:31 AM
Certified RFR - Rat Free Research:
All my studies have been conducted with Individual humans, by Individual humans,
and for Individual humans. No rats have ever been harmed or even inconvenienced.
Web Hosting Provided by www.HostMySite.com
Copyright ©1998-2012 KnCell Technologies - All rights reserved.